TERMS AND CONDITIONS (‘TERMS’) -- UK
The joint promoters are MERCER LIMITED whose principal place of business is at 1 Tower Place West, Tower Place, London, EC3R 5BU and SMITH LLC whose principal place of business is 33 W. 17th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10011 (together, the “Promoters”).
1. HOW TO ENTER:
|Why I do what I do:||29 June 2011 – 16 July 2011|
|What inspires my very best work||17 July 2011 – 30 July 2011|
|The best boss I ever had||31 July 2011 – 13 August 2011|
|Biggest lesson I learned at work||14 August 2011 – 27 August 2011|
2. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY to enter the Competitions.
3. ELIGIBILITY All entrants must qualify at the date of entry (in that they must be eligible in accordance with these Terms and any other terms and conditions imposed by the Promoters in relation to each individual Competition). You must be resident in the UK, aged 18 years or above and have access to the internet. The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of the Promoters. Employees, families or agents of the Promoters and/or any of their group undertakings are not eligible to enter the Competitions.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS All eligible Entries will be judged by one qualified judge shortly after the close of the applicable Entry Period. Each eligible Entry will be evaluated based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
The Entry with the highest total score will be the winner (“Winner”). In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be re-judged, and if still tied then the highest score in the first Judging Criteria, continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria in order, as needed to break the tie will be declared the Winner. The decision of the Winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be notified by email on or about 1 September 2011.
Please retain all submitted Entry materials in their original format after uploading. If you are a Winner, you may be required to provide your Entry materials to the Promoters in the original format as a condition of being awarded a prize.
5. PRIZES The top-scoring Entry for each topic shall receive their choice of an iPad® 32 GB mobile digital device or a BlackBerry® PlayBook™ 32BG. The Promoters may at their sole discretion, substitute any prize for a prize of a similar nature and/or comparable value. Winners may not request and are not entitled to a cash alternative to their prize and their prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. Prizes will be available after 1 September 2011 until 30 September 2011.
6. PUBLICITY The winner may be required to participate in publicity surrounding this promotion and consents to his/her name, location, Entry and photographs being published for the purposes of any individual Competition and promoting the Promoters and its business.
7. INDEMNITY By entering the Competitions, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. You agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify the Promoters, against any and all claims of alleged or actual infringement of any intellectual property rights, proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights and rights of attribution raised by third parties against the Promoters in connection with the Entry.
8. PUBLISHING Submission of an Entry grants the Promoters and their agents the unconditional, irrevocable, worldwide right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant, whether or not such Entry is selected as a winning Entry. By submitting the original entry, the entrant represents and warrants that he/she has all right, title and interest necessary to grant the Promoters a worldwide, irrevocable and unrestricted right and license to adapt, publish, use, edit, and/or modify such entry in any way and post the original entry on the internet or use the original entry in any other way and agrees to indemnify and hold the Promoters harmless from any claims to the contrary.
9. COPYRIGHT You will retain all copyright in any Entry and image submitted, however you hereby grant a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence and right to sub-licence to each of the Promoters, to feature any part of such Entry or image in any of their publications, websites and/or in any promotional material.
10. THE PROMOTERS ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, incomplete or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server failures, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. All lost, damaged or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of entry shall not be proof of delivery or receipt. Only entries received in accordance with these Terms and all other terms and conditions will be acceptable. The Promoters will not be liable if a prize cannot be taken by a winner for any reason beyond the control of the Promoters. Return of prize notification as undeliverable or failure to respond to a prize notification within a reasonable time will result in disqualification and an alternate Winner may be selected at the Promoters’ discretion. In the event that a winner declines his or her prize the Promoters may elect, at its own discretion, to select an alternate winner.
11. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoters, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoters hereby exclude all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competitions or any aspect of a prize.
12. THIRD PARTY TERMS The terms and conditions of any third-party supplier may apply and must be accepted and complied with by the Winner. The Winner also acknowledges that the prize will not comprise any further or additional components including, by way of example only, the provision of insurance or spending money for a prize such as a holiday.
13. PERSONAL DATA Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
14. VARIATION By entering the Competitions, all entrants are deemed to accept these Terms and all other terms and conditions. The Promoters may, at their sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the Competitions and/or the dates on which the Competitions will be promoted and the Promoters reserves the right to alter, amend or withdraw these Terms and all other terms and conditions and/or the Competitions without prior notice.
15. WINNER’S LIST The names of the Winners will be posted on the Site on or about 1 September 2011. A full list of the names of the Winners is available on request after 1 September 2011, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before 30 September 2011 to: “Six Words About Work” Contest Winners List c/o Mercer Limited, Marketing Department, 1 Tower Place West, Tower Place, London, EC3R 5BU.
16. JURISDICTION These terms and conditions are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.