The Six-Word Memoir Blog

Six Word Search: Your Summer In Six

Friday, August 16th, 2013

By Liz Crowder

Summer is a fleeting, mixed bag of sun-drenched fun and emotionally fraught experiences (read: family vacations). Whether you’ve decided to spend Summer 2013 gorging on over-processed delicacies at a state fair, sweating and sun-bathing on the sandy shores of a beach or watching your kids chase each other around the sprinkler to the noxious yet comforting scent of sun-screen and bug spray, it’s clear as summer begins to wind down that Six-Word Memoirs aren’t solely for the school year.

Among the six word sun-themed submissions that poured in during the summer months are memoirs that seared, sizzled and shined. Read on to see our favorite–often humorous–soliloquies of a summer very nearly gone by and find out how your fellow memoirists beat the heat (or not) this year. Click the link next to an author’s name to see more of his or her memoirs and feel free to share what your summer in six words looked like!

I’m hot, but only meteorologically speaking.
-NumbrOneAunt

Some (do not) like it hot.
-notjustagirlintheworld

Banging radiator, summer’s on vacation again.
-RaisedByWolves

Overly prepared cheapskate: Summer. Purchases parka.
-Contemplative

Beach Bummers: red flags, jellyfish, lightening.
-whelp

Too well insulated for this heat.
-Undermom

Summer attire; grease, sweat and paint.
-DynamicDbytheC

Sunburn. Heartburn. Repercussions of summer overindulgence.
-notyouraveragegirl

Sunscreen is my new signature scent.
-accidentaltourist

Braless in summer. Ah, sagaliciously heaven.
-canadafreeze

Beachside resident living an internet existence.
-guru_sag

Scorching heat, people tweet, extremes meet.
-MakotoSakashima

Humidity and my hair are dueling.
-Litsa_Dremousis

Fleeing summer buried under school supplies.
-lillybrook

August: Summer’s last slice of watermelon.
-Loon

Freezing summer in strawberry jam jars.
-Mourningdove

1. TobyReade says:

I enjoyed reading this Six-Word Search.

2. Wendy says:

The countdown to autumn now begins

3. Wendy says:

It was air conditioning that ruined summer

4. gucci goggles price in india says:

I would like to thnkx for the efforts you’ve got put in writing this weblog. I’m hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming also. Actually your creative writing skills has inspired me to get my own internet site now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is actually a excellent example of it.
    gucci goggles price in india http://www.fastsaloons.com/phpbb3/faq.php?pid=2754

5. oakley half wire xl titanium says:

How is it that just anyone can write a blog and get as popular as this? Its not like youve said something extremely impressive more like youve painted a quite picture above an issue that you know nothing about! I dont want to sound mean, here. But do you actually think that you can get away with adding some quite pictures and not truly say something?
    oakley half wire xl titanium http://www.globalresto.com/?oakley=2608

6. where can i buy Air Jordan 7 blue says:

gr8 resrch bro
    where can i buy Air Jordan 7 blue http://www.allsmallwindturbines.com/list_info.php?pid=10915

7. Shoulder Bags Devon orange New Delh says:

I just added your page to my bookmarks. I really enjoy reading your posts. Thank you!
    Shoulder Bags Devon orange New Delh http://www.seolinkvine.com/search.php?pid=8376

8. nike running cap says:

Hello, I was wandering around online and I saw your site from another site. I read a few of your posts and thought they are well written. Thanks, Ill visit your page again soon.
    nike running cap http://www.tasiritec.com/wp_links.php?pid=3371

9. Nike Free 3.0 V2 pink for kids says:

Just to let you know, this page seems a little bit odd from my smart phone. Who knows perhaps it is just my cellular phone. Great post by the way.
    Nike Free 3.0 V2 pink for kids http://www.diet-links.com/wp_info.php?pid=7092

10. Mens Puma Shoes syan UK says:

This really is a excellent common sense write-up. Really helpful to one who is just obtaining the resouces about this part. It will definitely assist educate me.
    Mens Puma Shoes syan UK http://www.geef.nl/list_info.php?pid=8308