Tuesday, September 18th, 2012
We’re hitting the road this fall. On Oct. 4 SMITH Live will be at NYC’s 92YTribeca for “‘Let Me in You Narrative Whore’—a Six-Word Story Show on Creative Life.”
You’ll hear true tales about—
• The creation moment of the smash fiction series and Broadway musical Wicked from its creator, Gregory Maguire;
• What it was like to be a year out of the Ivy League and headed to Woody Creek, CO to be Hunter S. Thompson’s newest assistant;
• The mental and physical hazards involved in trying to edit a certain unstable female rapper’s memoir;
• The travails of a voice-over artist;
• And much, much more, including a story set to music by off-Broadway favorite, Joe Iconis.
One person will be selected from our ‘Six Words on the Creative Life” Facebook challenge to invited on stage and be part of the show. The evening ends with an audience “Six-Word Slam” with prizes awarded to the best Six-Worders.
Then on Oct. 29 we head to Philadelphia for a special politically themed story show at the National Constitution Center, an extension of our Six-Word Stump Speech online project and on-site exhibition with the Center. Shares the Six Words you’d like America to hear as the election beckons at the Center’s website—one short speech writer will win a trip to the City of Brotherly Love to see the show on October 29.
We’re also celebrating the release of <em>Six-Word Memoirs on Jewish Life with events in Columbus, Ohio, Los Angeles, Virginia Beach, Houston, and a Jewish-themed story show as a part of Philly’s First Person Arts Festival.. Join our Facebook page for updates on the performers for these shows and see video from past shows on our SMITH Live page.