Friday, April 30th, 2010
Whether you are a mother or just have one, everyone has a six-word mom story to tell—a “Six-Word MOMoir.” Once again, SMITH Mag is teaming up with TruuMomConfessions and Postcards From Yo Momma for this year’s Six-Word MOMoir challenge. We’ll choose our favorite 6 six-word stories about being a mom or your relationship with your own mother. Each winner will get a book of their choice from one of the above sites, or a T-shirt with his or her MOMoir on it from our partner, Spreadshirt.
For some inspiration, we reached out to celebrity mommas, authors, and some of the web’s most prolific mommy bloggers to get the ball rolling.
• “Doctor, psychologist, referee, loving drill sargeant.” —Juju Chang, host, Good Morning America
• “I can’t stop kissing my kids.” —Daphne Brodgdon, Coolmom
• “Getting remarried, forever a single mom.” —Rachel Sarah, Singlemomseeking
• “Mommy mayhem: incredible gratitude, unbounded love.” —Mallika Chopra, founder, Intent
• “Goodbye perky boobs, nice knowing you.” —Liz Gumbinner, Mom-101
• “Relentless joy, ceaseless pleasure, endless promise.” —Leah Klungness, Singlemommyhood.com
• “Mac and cheese, morning, noon, night…” —Alicia Ybarbo, Today’s Moms
• “Best things I got from sex.” —Kristen Chase, the Mominatrix, Motherhood Uncensored
What’s yours? Share it over at Six-Word MOMoirs.