Member since October, 2012
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
What six words would I tell my teen self if I could go back in time?
Choose any path, provided it's DIFFERENT.
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
having my cake and eating it too
In bed I like to read:
My favorite story of all time is:
any travel story, ever.
Right now, I'm reading:
Just finished Marching Powder. Soon finishing Paul Bowles' Travels. Slowly getting through The Omnivore's Dilemma. And always, always reading John Berryman's Dream Songs.
The song that encapsulates the soundtrack of my life is?
Nunca use un antifaz
Voy de paso
Por este mundo fugaz
No pretendo parar
Dime quien camina
Cuando se puede volar?
Mi destino es andar
Son una estela en el mar
Lo que tengo, lo doy
Digo lo que pienso
Tomame como soy
Y va liviano
Mi corazon gitano
Que solo entiende de latir
No intentes amarrarme
Yo soy quien elige
Que si llegue ayer
Me puedo ir manana
Que soy gitana
If I could have one person read my writing on SMITH it would be?
Frida Kahlo... or maybe my grandmother.
Latest Memoir (of 19):
Marathon joys, revised: Who needs toenails?
- Marathon joys, revised: Who needs toenails?
- Wreck with you, mess without you.
- Confession alleviated me but destroyed us.
- Mistook infatuation for love. Every time.
- Depression is numbness. Somehow, still hurts.
- Cold hands, warm heart. Cold feet...?
- So lost I simply googled "help".
- See, swirl, sniff, sip, savor, swallow...
- Grandparents die; whole family falls apart.
- Marathon joys: band-aids holding on toenails.
- Attracted to scandal, sex, or... him?
- Doesn't the "backstory" defeat the purpose?
- Piel de canela, ojos de cafe.
- I'm entering adulthood. Kicking and screaming.
- Still learning to eat without guilt.