Member since June, 2011
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
What six words would I tell my teen self if I could go back in time?
Life is not a soap opera.
Right now, I'm reading:
A SHROPSHIRE LAD by A. E. Housman..
My favorite story of all time is:
The story of Jesus as told in the four Gospels.
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
HARPER'S MAGAZINE; NarrativeMagazine.com; THE WEEK magazine; and THE UPPER ROOM magazine, a daily devotional guide.
Latest Memoir (of 296):
Always have a quotation for everything.
- Always have a quotation for everything.
- Make mistakes, but avoid repeating them.
- Not enough ______ in the world.
- Happiness is reading F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Your mother's favorite color, favorite flower?
- What six aromas are your favorites?
- James Joyce's one-word (love) poem: "Yes.".
- "...inaudible and noiseless" root of thyme.
- Trees are "lungs of the earth.".
- When opportunity e-mails me, I'll reply.
- Draw a six-word picture of May?
- Your newborn's smile is not gas.
- Mr. Death has a master key.
- Advice to parents from Nora Ephron...
- "Do all your work in love.".