Member since January, 2011
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
What six words would I tell my teen self if I could go back in time?
Work smarter, stay focused, get prepared!
The song that encapsulates the soundtrack of my life is?
"Whatever"- Jill Scott. I always wanted a love that made me feel the way she felt about the man she sang about.
If I could have one person read my writing on SMITH it would be?
If it were a Smith writer it would be Contemplative. What an insightful thinker! If it were not a SMITH writer it would be my therapist. Haha!
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
I am on a focused, leisurely trek to find love and fulfillment (aren't we all?). I realize life is a vapor. We don't have the time we think we have to do what we think we're going to do. I am appreciative of the time I have while juxtaposing the notion that time should not be squandered.
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
I ONLY read stories at SMITH!
In bed I like to read:
Archie comic books.
My favorite story of all time is:
A Marigold Press book from childhood. 'How Can We Get to the Zoo?'
Right now, I'm reading:
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. It is a fascinating science biography of the famous HeLa cells, how they were obtained without permission, changed the course of science, was the catalyst for patient rights and ownership of human tissue laws and caused incalcuable grief to her descendants. Update: I am now reading Fifty Shades of Grey. WOOF!!
Latest Memoir (of 339):
Adding up subtractions. Multiplying my divisions.
- Adding up subtractions. Multiplying my divisions.
- Oh, Ma. Now I understand you.
- Waxed nostalgic today. Used a phonebooth.
- What is your favorite SAT word?
- Beating my chest with my degree!
- High school soundtrack now "old school".
- I'm still swinging vine to vine.
- Buying bigger fridge/ family photos space.
- Architect and author of my decisions.
- Weeks recovery from springing one hour.
- Entire life has been a sequestration.
- Old flame's embers are still warm.
- I'm still cold from being burned.
- Lack of vision; adjusting my glasses.
- I'm my father in feminine form.