Member since January, 2011
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
The song that encapsulates the soundtrack of my life is?
Nick of Time, Bonnie Raitt
If I could have one person read my writing on SMITH it would be?
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
Barrelhouse, Five Points
My favorite story of all time is:
Tough one! If you mean short story, I guess "Hills Like White Elephants," by Hemingway or anything by Kate Chopin. Favorite book would have to be a tie. Pride and Prejudice AND The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood).
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
Forever being told that something about me needs to change.
In bed I like to read:
Fiction or memoir
Right now, I'm reading:
Divergent, Veronica Roth
Latest Memoir (of 974):
Ran first 10k. Walking tall today.
- Ran first 10k. Walking tall today.
- Trashing my writing. All balled up.
- Soon, I'm graduating School of Thirties.
- Too young, sheltered when slam-dancing peaked.
- Guys can wait. Get the grades.
- Have heart murmur. All sweet nothings.
- Coats of many colors, often threadbare.
- Wanting medal, and chest for pinning.
- Searching for change, finding pocket lint.
- I joined choir. Don't preach anymore.
- Tamed beast. Didn't even use whip.
- Always chased men. Now, chase me.
- I've amounted to Everything. I'm "Mama.".
- Never appreciated self-beauty, in any decade.
- Being inappropriate rarely causes me shame.