Member since April, 2011
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
The song that encapsulates the soundtrack of my life is?
I have a whole soundtrack, and it's rock, pop, hip hop, and indie... and The Beatles.
My favorite story of all time is:
yet to be written.
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
Days fill with routine. Organization. Communication. Meals. Cleaning. Robert Fulghum once wrote that being grown up means being comfortable picking the gook out of the kitchen sink after doing dishes. That's the story of my life. I'm not generally grossed out by the gook. Even if I am, I can handle it.
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
The New York Times. Hyperbole and a Half. Hark, a Vagrant. Postsecret. The Bloggess.
In bed I like to read:
"At night, when all the colours die,
they hide...and read about themselves --
in colour, with their eyelids shut."
from A Martian Sends a Postcard Home by Craig Raine
Right now, I'm reading:
I think I am on a reading hiatus right now... well, except maybe 6's.
Latest Memoir (of 556):
Even sad endings bring joyful beginnings.
- Even sad endings bring joyful beginnings.
- Undertow keeps pulling me back in.
- Gotta Disney Princess myself outta here.
- How much opinion does one share?
- No golden wisdom; just six words.
- What's your most delightful kitchen aroma?
- Don't overthink. Trust yourself. Move forward.
- Meet the neighborhood kids and cats.
- Why would anyone bake cookie dough?
- Singing my Mother's Day swan song.
- Sudden impact. He swerved; I crashed.
- Material girl budgeting her fashion cents.
- Unbraced. Little pearls in a line.
- Took direct route, missed drop off.
- Spine and attitude both need adjustment.