Member since March, 2011
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
Right now, I'm reading:
A variety of Tibetan teachers and any new insights from the Dalai Lama. Anything that combines geological and psychological inquiries and quandaries since I'm sitting on the San Andreas fault in California. I must seriously consider past lives and probable future ones which may be just around the corner. What fool sits on a ticking time bomb long overdo???
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
Men. Men. Men. Empty extravagant handbags.
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
Way progressive websites full of the Old American dream (only place it exists anymore), New American Dream totally based on survival of the fittest and richest, AND for raising my blood pressure to death defying numbers, the Right Wing political websites...all full of lies, fantasies, delusions of grandeur, twisted religious rantings, and good old fashioned foot-in-mouth moves. From there springs great fodder for my cartoons.
In bed I like to read:
Dark and twisty novels about love, misery, and the human condition, complex analysis of insane politics. Lots of that around. And a good grown up fairytale full of lies about life, love and aging. Love any book that insists that my 60 is really my new 40...which I can no longer see in my clouded mirror of hindsight and warped wishful thinking.
My favorite story of all time is:
Anything Shakespeare - anything Vonnegut and old humorists like Robert Benchley. All great one-liner guys.
Latest Memoir (of 21):
At crossroad he hesitated. I ran.
- At crossroad he hesitated. I ran.
- In America, assault weapons are toys.
- Screaming stopped. Footsteps. Glint of steel.
- Rusty is better then rusted shut.
- First we're born then it starts.
- Cheeseburger. Steak. Cheeseburger. Girlfriend. Tofu. Ran.
- GOP equals constipation of a nation.
- When she died, she wore white.
- Another late night. So near success.
- Lush paint strokes, peach juice chin.
- No music, no dance, no soul.
- Stinky business raising kids. Pooh everywhere.