Member since January, 2011
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
A mosaic -- a collection of a dozen, a hundred, a million tiny pieces; fragments from objects which once constituted beauty, now broken, shattered, found, renewed; carefully pieced together in hopes of creating a masterpiece, but if you look closely enough, you will see my cracks.
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
devoZine, the newspaper, the hallways at school; my journal, my best friend's emails, the faces of strangers.
My favorite story of all time is:
Lois Lowry's "The Giver."
Right now, I'm reading:
"Lies Women Believe," Nancy Leigh DeMoss
"Do Hard Things," Alex & Brett Harris
"House of Leaves," Mark Danielewski
"Acting Out Culture," James S. Miller
Latest Memoir (of 136):
Write best applications at 2am. Hopefully.
- Write best applications at 2am. Hopefully.
- Dear God: Job, Apartment, Grad School.
- Jesus and chocolate milk saved today.
- Might need "snow date" for trick-or-treat.
- Shhhh: case-study for class was autobiographical.
- Kids spontaneously started singing hymns together.
- Pushing twins on swings= impressive biceps.
- Microwave the coffee; keep on pluggin'.
- Bought homeless man dinner; restored hope.
- Infertile girl can't comprehend friend's abortion.
- Friend is fluent in "Wolf!". Exhausted.
- Cool grass and puppy kisses; thankful.
- Even mid-July doesn't stop my shivering.
- She felt my tears before me.
- One conversation can fill many holes.