Member since January, 2008
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
I am a rock music obsessed fiction writer living in downtown Philadelphia with a strong desire to jump into a time machine and land in London during the 1960s. I am the author of Three Days in New York City and its evil littlesequel, Another Bite of the Apple, light-hearted erotic novels published by Mundania/Phaze Press. I'm also editor and contributor of a short story collection, Thirty Nine and Holding...Him and the soon to be released Volume II, 39 and Still Holding. My short story "Daddy Left Me Alone with God" appears in the anthology, Rebellion - New Voices of Fiction, published by Rebel Press in July 2006.
You can find my work in print and on the web everywhere from heady places like In Posse Review and Slow Trains Literary Journal to give-heady places like Clean Sheets and Playgirl Magazine. I live vicariously through my rock star daughter -- bass player extraordinaire, Julie Slick, and her amazing drummer son, Eric Slick -- who were featured in the Picturehouse Films documentary, Rock School, and are now members of the Adrian Belew Power Trio.
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
Opium, Narrative, Jambase, Smokelong Quarterly, Juked, In Posse Review
In bed I like to read:
Anything ever written by Neil Gaiman
My favorite story of all time is:
Big Boy by David Sedaris (because I am one sick puppy)
Right now, I'm reading:
Slut Lullabies by Gina Frangello
Latest Memoir (of 54):
Dear Santa, please start the revolution.
- Dear Santa, please start the revolution.
- Chanuka shouldn't coincide with Lennon's death.
- Don't blame me, I'm from Philadelphia.
- You say sushi, I say lox.
- Guilt never stops me from spending.
- I definitely prefer Hurricane, the drink.
- Another Mitt synonym is booby trap.
- Mitt is a synonym for gaff.
- Empty nest syndrome's for the birds.
- Survival guide: Accept, change, or leave.
- Just vote for your favorite corporation.
- He said thank you every day.
- Let me write novel during work.
- A vegetarian diet, yoga, and antidepressants.
- I waste Sundays worrying about Mondays.