Member since May, 2011
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
A handful of blogs, FB, Twitter (does that really count?), online magazines and professional forums.
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
Every moment is exactly as it should be. Why fight it?
In bed I like to read:
Mysteries and thrillers, especially those of the serial variety (ha ha) - love characters like Lucas Davenport, Alex Delaware, Temperance Brennan, Kay Scarpetta. Jack Reacher. Then, there's always an AA Big Book & 12X12 nearby.
My favorite story of all time is:
Night by Elie Wiesel. The Scarlet Letter. Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. The Likeness by Tana French. Charlotte's Web. The Secret Garden. Maud Hart Lovelace's Betsy-Tacy series.
Right now, I'm reading:
A Drop of the Hard Stuff by Lawrence Block, which caused me to start reading the whole Matthew Scudder series - most accurate AA references EVER. The Karin Slaughter series with Sara Linton & Jeffrey Tolliver. The new Faye Kellerman from the Peter Decker/Rina Lazurus series. Reading Charlotte's Web to my 4-yr old, and Searching for Dragons with my 8-yr old.
Latest Memoir (of 30):
Cried talking to old friend. Homesick.
- Cried talking to old friend. Homesick.
- Big investment for 3-minute dance performance.
- I'm marketing CPR with disco's icon.
- Inhaling mysteries lately like Thin Mints.
- Love peoplewatching. Watching. Not talking.
- Can't go Kindle. Dad owns bookstore.
- Tears for Joplin. Family history there.
- Moved to Florida. Googling hurricanes now.
- Kid not held back. Crying fool.
- Unfriended in Facebook. Not too concerned.
- Celebrating 13 years of sobriety today!
- Do I want to stand out?
- I say "it's not my shit".
- Let it be about someone else.
- I think I'll be a rockstar.