Member since January, 2008
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
I go on a quest for something really simple, like blue pants or a perfect scented candle, and it turns into the fucking Holy Grail trying to find something I like.
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
In bed I like to read:
Delicious nonfiction like Judith Thurman or Thomas Cahill.
My favorite story of all time is:
Anything by Wodehouse.
Right now, I'm reading:
Robert Fagles' amazing translation of The Odyssey.
Latest Memoir (of 12):
Preemptively terrified of my children's memoirs.
- Preemptively terrified of my children's memoirs.
- Freelancer: Always employee of the month.
- When I was 9, my class.
- I get paid to have opinions.
- Let the yeses outnumber the nos.
- Their peanuts make me feel romantic.
- Everything's better with bacon or chocolate.
- Making different mistakes than my parents.
- I'm your one that got away.
- Nothing to do but frown
- Aspiring role model becomes cautionary tale.
- I Should Have Stayed Away