Member since January, 2009
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
Truthdig and The Progress Report.
In bed I like to read:
...nothing, as reading in bed would render this middle aged body permanently paralyzed. Very near to my bed is a desk, where I typically read books by J. Krishnamurti, the spiritual teacher who eschewed all religious traditions and beliefs, meditation practices, and gurus purporting to be enlightened. I have also found my way back to early American history, and recently read Taming Democracy and James Madison and The Struggle for the Bill Of Rights.
My favorite story of all time is:
Herman Hesse's fictionalized account of the Buddha's life, Siddhartha.
Right now, I'm reading:
Krishnamurti's, Mind Without Measure and the Liberty Tree, a book about the role of "common people" in the American Revolution. I'm also looking forward to reading a recently published book about haiku entitled, Haiku Mind, by Patricia Donegan.
Latest Memoir (of 106):
SURRENDERING TO LOVE
- SURRENDERING TO LOVE
- Thank God for Haiku
- GRANDMA'S ANGRY MOMENT
- LAST MOMENTS WITH JOSZI
- Blessed by My Father's Bidet
- A VEGAN MOMENT
- No more lipstick on pigs.
- Do what the stop sign says.
- Create that bomb shelter already.
- Recall all politicians, start over.
- Stop crying about stock market losses.
- Withhold those taxes to protest war.
- Make peace with flies this summer.
- Use that toothy grin more.
- Stop growling at the IRS.