Member since June, 2010
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
What six words would I tell my teen self if I could go back in time?
Breathe. He's not the last one.
The song that encapsulates the soundtrack of my life is?
REFLECTIONS, from Disney's MULAN, with minor adjustments...
Look at me
I could never pass for the perfect wife
Or the perfect mother
Can it be I'm not meant to play this part?
I can see that if I were truly to be myself
I would break my family's heart...
It only FEELS that way, sometimes... and I can remember that songs like this always have a happy ending, since eventually, you realize that you CAN be yourself without breaking anyone's heart.
If I could have one person read my writing on SMITH it would be?
My fellow JoeMommas on Facebook. (Again, can't pick just one!)
My favorite story of all time is:
How can I possibly pick ONE??????
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
Good intentions, awkward outcome, embarrassment results.
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
In bed I like to read:
nonfiction... comfort books... comic books... children's literature... fantasy (which I don't count as "adult fiction", as fantasy lovers all have some degree of children in their hearts).
Right now, I'm reading:
LOST IN A GOOD BOOK by Jasper Fforde
Latest Memoir (of 59):
Underestimated mean people on Facebook. Ouch.
- Underestimated mean people on Facebook. Ouch.
- You're somebody's character waiting to happen.
- Spelling errors? No capitals? First impression.
- Contemplating sculpture to diminish writer's block.
- Many dreams. Many responsibilities. Insufficient time.
- One student: "How was YOUR vacation?".
- Writing novel= happiness; grading papers= zzzz.
- Quality time: Legos, comics, G.I.Joe.
- YES! Vinegar water = streakless clean!
- Remember: don't take him for granted.
- Post-vacation Monday. At work, still sleeping.
- Family dinner, no meltdowns -Christmas miracle!
- Smooched by wolf pup. Interspecies communication!
- Baby's onesie reads, "Gimme titties!" Ugh.
- On the political spectrum, I'm purple.