Member since March, 2011
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
My life is more like a movie than a regular life. I am just waiting for the director to yell cut. You name it and it has probably happened to me- the good, bad, ugly, taboo, and unheard of. I have experienced much in my life thus far and it has helped me to find empathy, compassion, and true understanding for people and their situations. I choose to always look at the beauty in life instead of focusing on the bad, but even I sometimes stumble before I can see the light again. That's why my name is BrightLight2. I decide to see the light and not remain in the dark, at the same time sharing my story with others so they can do the same. Seeing the light is not easy at times but eventually I get there. Life is all a matter of perspective and I choose to live my life half full, no matter how difficult or challenging it may seem.
My favorite story of all time is:
"The Little Engine that Could". The mantra of "I think I can. I think I can. I know I can!" has kept me going since I was a little child. Believing in yourself and having faith that you can do anything are so important! This mantra has helped me through much of life. Well, this and the energizer bunny's "just keeps, going, and going, and going".
Latest Memoir (of 241):
Accept yourself- good, bad,and ugly.
- Accept yourself- good, bad,and ugly.
- Smile even when you are low.
- Count your blessings, not your misfortune.
- Live, laugh, learn, and love all.
- Oy vey! no more matzah-Shalom.
- Shaking, quaking, heartbreaking-needs our help.
- Recycle, reduce, reuse, sustain, and protect.
- I'm a victim of unrealistic expectations.
- Work turned into many sweet breaks.
- Fear's man-made. Faith is real.
- Expereinced a miracle: walking and running!
- Placing faith in God not doctors.
- In life every single moment counts.
- To do: Find To Do List.
- Love me, not just the idea.