Member since April, 2008
Prefer to skip this person’s stories?
Click to hide them from your view.
If you were to throw up your hands in exasperation and yell "it's the story of my life," what would you be talking about?
It's when there is no cake...or ice cream...or blanket...or toilet paper...or chair...etc. left for me because I let everyone else go first. I'm an incurable martyr. Can't seem to stop being nice. Don't really mind most of the time, though.
Besides SMITH, I read stories at:
In bed I like to read:
six-word memoir books of course!
my writer-friends' stories for critiquing;
classic novels I didn't actually read in high school (thanks to Cliff's Notes);
magazines like 'Time', 'Parenting', and 'Writer's Digest'
My favorite story of all time is:
"The Gift of the Magi"
(by O. Henry aka William Sydney Porter)
Right now, I'm reading:
Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary; The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People;
Latest Memoir (of 38):
It was then that I knew my mom must be dead.
- It was then that I knew my mom must be dead.
- Her heart attack broke my heart.
- Bliss: alarm clock cranking Bon Jovi!
- Married but feel like single parent.
- Earthquake; CC companies profiting. (*Shaking head*).
- Pregnancy surprise: Pro-choice, but...keeping baby!
- Called my bi-polar mom "yo-yo ma".
- Over the hump, ready for weekend...
- Think first. Honor promises. Remove fences.
- Childhood friends, highschool sweethearts, spouses, enemies.
- Ideas wake me, motherhood overtakes me...
- Still nothing better than Mom's cooking.
- "You CAN have it all!" (Not!).
- Feeling like circus ringmaster and juggler!
- Can't stop finishing picky eaters' food!